Termites are One of the Most Destructive Insects
How destructive are termites? Termites can be extremely destructive to homes and business buildings. Areas that have warm temperatures and moist air year round, like Central Texas, have even more extensive damage from termites. According to the National Pest Management Association:
- Termites cause billions of dollars in damage annually
- More than 2 million homes are treated for termites yearly
- Over 600,000 homes in the United States are damaged each year
Speak to someone real!
We are here to help you from 8am to 5:30pm
Free estimates & military discounts.
We Guarantee Service that is set apart!
Termite Destruction & Homeowners Insurance
When termites strike, they can do extensive damage to a structure. Many homeowners will ask, “Is termite damage covered by homeowner insurance?” Unfortunately, most homeowner’s insurance policies do not cover termite damage. This can leave a a considerable financial burden on the homeowner.
Termites feed on everything made of wood and can cause significant damage in a very short time period. And termites are only one of several wood-destroying insects including carpenter ants, carpenter bees, and wood-boring beetles that can cause structural damage to your home.
If you even suspect you have a termite problem, don’t wait. Call a professional and get proper termite inspection today. This is not something you want to go-it-alone.
Top Five Signs of Termite Infestation
Home and business owners should be aware of the signs of termite infestation before it’s too late. Termites can often be hard to detect because these unwanted pests are usually found behind drywall, siding, and wood trim.
Homeowners should look for these top five signs:
- Swarming Insects and Discarded Wings – Termite “swarmers” emerge in the Spring to mate and colonize. Look for discarded wings on windowsills and near doors.
- Mud Tubes – You may see tunnels in the dirt near or on your home’s foundation.
- Wood Damage – Look for wood that sounds hollow or wood that appears blistered.
- Bubbling or Uneven Paint – This can be moisture damage or a sign of termites.
- Termite Droppings – A pile of tiny wood-colored pellets inside or outside your home may be a sign of a termite infestation.
In addition to looking for the signs of a termite infestation, it’s recommended that homeowners schedule regular termite inspections to keep your property safe from termites. Our professional technicians are trained to spot termites and will provide you with a customized treatment and management plan if necessary.
For more information, call Covenant Pest Control at 830-431-1960.
Covenant Pest Control is a Texas Pest Control Company serving in and around the Texas Hill Country
Pest Control in & near: Bergheim, Boerne, Bulverde, Comfort, Cross Mountain, The Dominion of San Antonio, Grey Forest, Fair Oaks Ranch, Helotes, Kendalia, Leon Springs, Nelson City, Pipe Creek, Sisterdale, Spring Branch, Waring, Welfare.
Cordillera, Esperanza, Herff Ranch, River Crossing, Tapatio Springs