How Do I Keep Bugs Out of my House Naturally?
No one wants a kitchen full of ants. Or roaches running across their floor. But sometimes a family member may be sensitive to chemicals. So what is the best way to keep bugs out of your house naturally?
Well, the best pest defense is an offense. If you can stop unwanted pests from accessing food and water in your home, they will usually move on to other food sources. The National Resources Defense Council (NRDC) offers the following 7 proactive steps for natural bug control:
- Keep you home or business clean
- Mop up spills and vacuum regularly
- Wash dishes and take out trash daily
- Keep trash cans free of food residue
- Do not leave food out overnight
- Store fruit in the refrigerator
- Wash your pet’s bedding regularly
Fortify your Home Naturally against Unwanted Pests
In addition to minimizing access to food and water, you can implement defensive measures to keep bugs out naturally by making your home more impenetrable to pests. You can protect your home or business from unwanted pests by preventing them from entering in the first place.
- Seal all holes and cracks in exterior walls from the inside and outside.
- Repair leaks that can rot wood and attract insects.
- Replace torn window and door screens.
- Replace rotted wood.
- Clear out yard debris and piled up newspapers.
- Keep your wood pile away from your home.
- Utilize plants that are natural pest deterrents in your flowerbeds.
Making your home less attractive to unwanted pests will help to minimize your risk of experiencing a bug problem.
Ways to Naturally Treat a Pest Problem
When bug problems do arise, you may choose to solve them naturally. The NRDC recommends “going old school” as your first method of defense.
- Sweep up bugs and seal them in a bag
- Use fly tape and a flyswatter
- Use mouse traps, ant bait traps, and sticky traps
- Dust cracks and crevices with boric acid powder which is less toxic than pesticides
Sometimes, however, pests are just too pesky for these methods and you need a little professional backup. When that happens, Covenant Pest Control has organic, botanical pest control options to eliminate bugs without chemical pesticides. In addition, we often combine organic pest control inside your home with traditional pest control outside your home. This combination provides a longer protection against insects.
Keep Bugs Out Naturally with Organic, All-Natural Pest Control
If you’re ready to have regular pest control, but still prefer a natural solution, Covenant Pest Control can help. We offer organic, all-natural, botanical products as an environmentally safe option with many other advantages. These products are a combination of plant oils proven to be effective in the elimination of insects. In addition to repelling insects, botanicals act as a natural insecticide by preventing insects from developing through their life-cycle stage. We also use yard pest control options to keep a bug-free zone around your home.
Interested in learning more about natural pest control options? We’re happy to discuss them with you. Call Covenant Pest Control at 830-431-1960.