How to Get Rid of Cockroaches
Have you ever gotten up in middle of the night, turned on the lights, and seen a fast crawling insect scurry out of sight? If you see one cockroach, it’s likely you have more hiding where you can’t see them. Don’t panic. Cockroaches are all too common. And no, it does not mean your house is dirty. Even the cleanest of homes are susceptible to cockroaches. But you will want to eradicate them as soon as possible. So, in this post, we’ll cover a few tips on how to get rid of cockroaches from your home.
Cockroaches survive in moist environments and make their way into your home through small cracks and crevices, especially in areas around leaky faucets and pipes. In fact, they thrive in damp conditions. So, you’ll want to make sure you not only seal up cracks and crevices, but you also take care of any leaks you may have in your plumbing.
How Do I Spot a Cockroach Infestation?
4 Signs You Have Cockroaches Hiding in Your Home
Spotting a cockroach problem is usually straightforward. Signs to look for include:
- Spotting a cockroach or several in your home or business
- Finding cockroach droppings in cabinets or along baseboards or walls – droppings look similar to coffee grounds or black pepper
- Cockroach odor – you will smell a strong, musty odor
- Finding cockroach eggs and molted skin casings
It’s important not to ignore these signs of a cockroach infestation. While roach bait houses may help if you only have a few roaches in your home, larger infestations may need professional pest control treatment. We provide a FREE inspection and consultation. And offer a comprehensive treatment plan and long-term solutions to get rid of cockroaches and other unwanted pests from your home or business.
Cockroaches Pose Serious Health Risks
Cockroaches pick up germs as they crawl through decaying matter. These germs and bacteria are transferred to you and your family through food contamination. Cockroaches can spread E. coli and Salmonella, as well as various other parasites. Cockroaches can also trigger asthma and allergy attacks. Acting before your pest problem becomes more than just a nuisance is the best option for alleviating roaches.
What Steps Should I Take to Get Rid of Cockroaches In My Home?
- Make sure to keep your home or business stays clean
- Remove spills and crumbs from floors and countertops
- Keep all food in sealed containers or in the refrigerator
- Seal any cracks or crevices outside and inside your home
- Eliminate moisture build up in crawl spaces, attics, under appliances and sinks
- Call the pest control experts who have the knowledge and experience to help get rid of cockroaches in your home to schedule pest control services.
You may also want to check out these 12 tips for making the most efficient use of your pest control services.
To Prevent Cockroaches From Invading Your Home Schedule Regular Pest Control Services
For help with a cockroach infestation, call Covenant Pest Control at 830-431-1960. In addition, check out these practical tips on how you can keep bugs out naturally from your home. And check out these tips for getting rid of mice if you’re noticing these furry critters scuttling around.