Got Ants? These 5 Steps to Get Rid of Ants Can Help.
We’ve all been there. Ant infestation is all too common, especially during the warmer months. When ants can’t find a food source outside, they seek out food sources inside your home or business. And by the time you realize you have a pest problem; ants have multiplied by the hundreds if not thousands. We’ll walk you through 5 steps to get rid of ants that are invading your home
House ants are the most common type of ant to invade your home, but carpenter ants and acrobatic ants are also common in the Hill Country. Carpenter ants feed on rotted or damp wood and can cause damage to windows, doors, and other wood structures in your home.
Find Entry Points to Handle Ant Infestations
With any pest infestation, whether it’s ants, cockroaches, or mice, it’s important to figure out what’s attracting the pests and how they’re finding their way indoors. Unless you get to the root of the problem, the infestation will continue to reoccur. Pest control technicians can perform a thorough inspection to help locate entry points. In addition, our professionals will provide a comprehensive pest control treatment and management plan to rid your home of these unwanted pests for good.
5 Steps to Get Rid of Ants in Your Home
There are things that you can do to reduce the chance that ants will invade your home. And if you do find yourself under attack there are some easy steps to help you get rid of ants in your kitchen and home. As any pest control expert can tell you, and even Consumer Reports agrees, these five steps will help you overcome an ant infestation.
#1 Keep Your House Clean
- Ants love sugar and sugary liquids.
- Quickly clean up spills and mop floors regularly.
- Always keep food stored in airtight containers-especially if you have fresh sweet bakery items.
#2 Eliminate Damp Areas and Rotted Wood
- Showers, windows, and damp crawl spaces are all prime spots for carpenter ants.
- Fix leaks and replace water-damaged wood.
- A rotted, outdoor deck is particularly attractive to carpenter ants
#3 Use Ant Bait Traps
- The most effective way to get rid of ants is the use of ant baits.
- Bait not only kill off ants, but when the ants return to the colony, the ant bait kills larvae and helps to reduce the population.
- Ant bait traps contain poison. It is important to remember to keep children and pets away from ant traps.
#4 Limit Use of Pesticide Sprays
- Limit pesticide sprays to the large infestations.
- It is more effective to search out the ants’ entry points and find a more effective solution.
#5 Keep Ants Outdoors
- Ants are beneficial to the environment.
- To keep them outdoors, make your yard more appealing by limiting sprays on plants which are an outdoor food source.
Customized Pest Treatment Plan to Eliminate of Ants
If you’re not successful in your attempt to get rid of ants using the previous methods, we can help with a customized pest treatment plan to help you handle your ant infestation and more. We even have natural, organic pest control options for those who want to go a more chemical-free route. For information, call Covenant Pest Control at 830-431-1960.