13 Tips For Bug & Mosquito Free Deck in Texas
We’ve all been looking forward to getting back outdoors and enjoying time with family and friends. What better way than spending quality time on your deck? Enjoy the comforts of home in the beauty of the outdoors with the following tips for making your deck more comfortable and bug-free.
Clean = Bug & Mosquito Free
1. Start the season with a good deck cleaning using soapy water to remove dirt and debris.
2. Trim shrubbery and plants around your deck to reduce insect breeding grounds.
3. Keep your grill and dining areas free of crumbs and spilled liquids which attract ants.
4. Spray your deck with a mixture of water and essential oils like eucalyptus to act as a natural barrier to pests.
Naturally Repel Insects For A Mosquito Free Deck
5. Decorate with mosquito repellent plants like Lemon Balm, Lavender, and Catnip.
6. Plant seasonal flowers such as Marigolds around your deck to ward off mosquitos.
7. Add an herb garden with garlic, rosemary, and lemongrass to repel insects.
Create Atmosphere and Repel Insects with Lighting
8. Use citronella candles and torches to add glow and repel insects.
9. Replace white lights with yellow or orange which are less attractive to bugs.
10. Purchase mosquito repellent lanterns and bug zappers.